Tuesday, August 15, 2006

We're back!

We had a *fantastic* time in Savannah/Tybee Island. We went down on Saturday afternoon, after Lynn's SRT training. I drove most of the way as he was extremely tired from the training and working the night before. It was a good drive and only took about 3 1/2 hours. Quite a bit of rain on the way down but nothing too unbearable. We went on River Street and checked out the many shops they had and also the River Market. That was fun with different kinds of things from different cultures. My favorite spot and Amber's was The Savannah Candy Shoppe. Yum. I got some kind of gophers (I think it is called) and we all shared in the yumminess. We went on a boat tour, The Dolphin Magic. It was pretty fun. We saw about four dolphins. The ride was also very historical with our guide telling us about the 1800's and how the dredging was of the river to make room for the boats/ships to come inland. We went down Savannah River and then out into the Atlantic Ocean. That was nice.

On Monday we spent most of the day at Tybee Island and just hung out at the beautiful beach. We did alot of *wave jumping* and I got my tan on. LOL. Actually I got burnt a bit but it should all turn brown by the end of the week. We ate at alot of great places and had a great time. Swam at our hotel's pool, site seeing, walking and just overall enjoy being together and not thinking about anything else.

And then today it is back to the grind at work, Amber is at school (hopefully not in too much pain) and Lynn goes back to work tonight. I need to grocery shop, cook and all that normal routine stuff. I really did dread coming back, but next time we plan on staying longer. :)

6 comments:

Terri said...

ohhh sounds like a dreamy weekend! The hubster has something like 6 weeks vacation piled up and can't find a spot in the work load to take any. I soooo want to go somewhere and just relax with him.

Lisanne said...

Sounds like you guys had a *lot* of fun! I'm so glad ~ you needed and deserved it! I like your new blog design. Looking forward to catching back up with you! Do I owe you a snail mail letter? I think so! :)

Shannon said...

Wow, what a nice weekend! You're making me long for a vacation!

Melissa said...

that sounds like a blast!! how cool that you went on a dolphin boat tour :)

BTW-your blog design is so pretty

foodiechickie said...

SO glad you guys had a grand time! I could have sworn I heard about that candy shop on Paula Deen's show.

Stephanie said...

Oh, I wish I could have a vacation like that! Minus the boat trip, however, because the last time I went on a dolphin watching excursion I got SO sea-sick!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the design of yours...gorgeous!